Sunday 12 June 2011









It's been magical! 4 months in France would even have turned the most cynical person all romantic. My stay in Poitiers was not only about eating cheese and drinking wine (even though we did lots of that too...) and enjoying the lovely sunshine...it was more about meeting some truly fantastic people that had the ability to even make a trip to deserted Siberia heaps of fun!

Rather than summing up what happened in the final part of our semester together - which basically included lots of exams, booze and farewell tears - I'd rather dedicate this blog entry to 4 people that managed to make me incredibly happy...

So here it goes - some really tacky declarations of love and gratitude:

Thank you, Ella - for making me laugh my head off, for lots of positive energy and cheerfulness as well as indulgent 8-hour sessions of soul-searching together.

Thank you, Ben - for looking after me, taking care of me, accepting me the way I am and making me feel like a delicate and precious little princess. A truly amazing experience.

Thank you, Stefanie - for offering me new perspectives, sharing your experiences with me, your support and for being there for me, but also for many not-so-serious shared glasses of wine and consuming about 10 kgs of sea food with me...

Thank you, Ruby - for never taking yourself too seriously, but always knowing what you want out of life! I've learnt so much from you. Thank you also for not hesitating to put me on a jello shot - champagne diet when I most needed it...



I am really proud of you guys and I feel privileged that I got the chance to get to know you so well!

Lots of love from hectic London****

1 comment: